The Biofuse Team
VP Business Development
- Accomplished Medical / Surgical device sales management & business development
- Track record of Startup Development Strategic Planning | KOL’s
- Olympus | Medtronic
- Founder & former CEO MetPro Group.
- Former shareholder Floeter Retort pouches, Acq by ProAmpac.
- Major Investor Biofuse
Chairman Board of Directors and President of BioFuse Medical Technologies
- Former CEO & President of Wright Medical Group.
- Past President & CEO of United Orthopedic Group.
- Medical Doctor with certifications in Internal & Geriatric Medicine.
- Has served as Medical Director and Chief Operating Officer of Southern Care, Inc bringing in to the top 5 hospice providers in the nation.
The Biofuse Advisory Board
Advisory Board Chair
- Previous Positions:
- CEO, Epica International
- President, Live Tissue Connect, Inc.
- Executive VP, CTO, Gyrus Plc
- Chief Manufacturing Officer, ACMI
John Monson, M.D.
Chief Medical Advisor
- Board-certified colon and rectal surgeon with advanced fellowship training in surgical oncology, vascular surgery and colon and rectal surgery.
- Expertise includes the use of minimally invasive technologies in colorectal cancer treatment.
- Leader in transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEMS), laparoscopy and robotic surgery.
“For all surgeons, anastomotic leaking is the most dreaded of complications and continues to be the leading cause of post-operative mortality after colorectal surgery. It’s time for a new approach to creating the safest anastomosis.” John Monson, M.D.
Chief Technical Advisor
Extensive Background in medical product development.
Experience in the development of electrosurgical generators.
Holds 7 patents including two in electrosurgical generators.
Technical expertise includes electronic hardware, software, and firmware as well as mechanical and optical systems designs, all while navigating governmental regulatory requirements.