The Biofuse Team
- Lead key strategic developments in senior executive positions for more than 21 years at Olympus Corporation and Gyrus ACMI
- Assisted in the creation and implementation of Olympus’s RF product development, reimbursement strategies, and procedure development
- Launched revolutionary technologies of the PK Generator and instrumentation to The Thunderbeat system which combines bipolar RF energy with ultrasonics
Chairman Board of Directors
- Former CEO & President of Wright Medical Group.
- Past President & CEO of United Orthopedic Group.
Joe Stauffer, DO, MBA, FAPCR
- Executive BioTech Physician.
- President/Founder Alta Life Sciences, LLC.
- Chief Medical Officer of Antibe Therapeutics.
- Former Global Medical Director Abbott Labs.
- Former FDA Medical Review Officer in the Anti-Inflammatory & Analgesic Division of the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.
- Founder & former CEO MetPro Group.
- Former shareholder Floeter Retort pouches, Acq by ProAmpac.
- Major Investor in BioFuse.
- Medical Doctor with certifications in Internal & Geriatric Medicine.
- Has served as Medical Director and Chief Operating Officer of Southern Care, Inc bringing in to the top 5 hospice providers in the nation.
The Biofuse Advisory Board
Advisory Board Chair
30+ years of medical device experience with over 250 devices through the FDA.
- CEO, Epica International
- President, Live Tissue Connect, Inc.
- Executive VP, CTO, Gyrus Corporation
- Chief Manufacturing Officer, ACMI
John Monson, MD
Chief Medical Advisor
- Executive Director of Colorectal Surgery at AdventHealth, Orlando.
- Former chair of the U.K.’s National Training Program.
- Advanced fellowship training at Mayo Clinic in surgical oncology, vascular surgery and colon and rectal surgery.
- Presented more than 1000 lectures around the world, authored 400+ original published papers, four books, and more than 250 book chapters.
“For all surgeons, anastomotic leaking is the most dreaded of complications and continues to be the leading cause of post-operative mortality after colorectal surgery. It’s time for a new approach to creating the safest anastomosis.” John Monson, M.D.
Chief Technical Advisor
Extensive Background in medical device and product development.
Experience in the development of electrosurgical generators.
Designed and cleared through FDA 510(k) 3 RF generators.
Holds 7 patents including two in electrosurgical generators.
Technical expertise includes electronic hardware, software, and firmware as well as mechanical and optical systems designs, all while navigating governmental regulatory requirements.